Sunday, December 12, 2010

Easy Candy







Here are a couple of easy candy recipes I have been making. The fudge is almost too easy. Each of these recipes can be doubled without any problems. The pictures are not the best, I just used my phone but one of these days I will be a little less lazy and get the camera out.
Rocky Road Fudge
1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 bag chocolate chips, I use semi-sweet
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chopped walnuts
Heat the milk in the microwave or a saucepan just until it starts to get warm. Add chocolate chips, stir until melted, you can put back into microwave just do it a little at a time so you don't overcook it. Add marshmallows and walnuts, spread in greased 8X8 pan. If you double it a 9X13 works great. It is kind of thick mixture and you have to press it into the pan. Chill until hard and cut up.
Peanut butter chocolate truffles
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 T softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix well and shape into balls. (I used my smallest cookie scoop)
Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Dip in melted chocolate. I used chocolate almond bark but you could use chocolate chips too.
The pretzels are just dipped in white almond bark that I melted in the microwave. If it seems too thick after you melt it you can add shortening to thin it out a little. I like to put sprinkles on for some color.

No comments:

Post a Comment